Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance May 2017 – Summary
- VHI have now discontinued their 50% discounts on certain plans for child dependents under 18.
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €105 per child.
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health have discounted the child cost on their new Nurture Plan to €160 per child
- They are also discounting the child cost on their popular Select Plus scheme to €178 per child and on their Family Focus scheme to €198 per child under 18
- On their entry level Select Starter scheme, children under 18 will cost €104 each which is their lowest rate for child dependents.
- Laya are still offering free cover for the second and subsequent child under 18 on a select of plans (7 in total). The best option to pick for the free cover is the Flex 125 Choice which covers public and private hospitals and also includes guaranteed refunds on certain out-patient expenses with no excess to pay first
- Apart from this, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €503 per adult, €156 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/5/2017 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.