Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance March 2017 – Summary
- VHI are offering a 50% discount for all children under 18 on their One Plan Family, Teachers Plan Select, Nurses Plan Select and the Parent & Kids Excess schemes. For example, the child cost on the Parent & Kids scheme which is the recommended plan will be reducing to €158 each.
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €102 per child
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health have discounted the child cost on their new Nurture Plan to €160 per child
- They are also discounting the child cost on their popular Select Plus scheme to €178 per child and on their Family Focus scheme to €198 per child under 18
- On their entry level Select Starter scheme, children under 18 will cost €104 each.
- Glo's best child rate is on their Base Lite scheme - €455 per adult, €116 each per child
- Glo have discontinued their practice of offering free cover to all children under the age of 3.
- Similar to last year, Laya have introduced free cover for the 2nd and subsequent child under 18 on their popular Essential Connect Family scheme. The first child will be charged €227 but all other children under 18 will be free-of-charge for the next year
- Apart from this, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €537 per adult, €156 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/3/2017 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.