Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance January / February 2017 – Summary
- VHI are offering a 50% discount for all children under 18 on all their One Plan schemes and also on their Nurses Plan Select and Teachers Plan Select. For example, the child cost on their One Plus Plan will be €145 per child
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €102 per child
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health have discounted the child cost on their new Nurture Plan to €160 per child
- They are also discounting the child cost on their popular Select Plus scheme to €178 per child and on their Family Focus scheme to €198 per child under 18
- For all new and renewing customers from 1st Jan 2017, they are offering free travel insurance cover as well
- On their entry level Select scheme, children under 18 will cost €166 each.
- Glo's best child rate is on their Base Lite scheme - €455 per adult, €116 each per child
- Glo have discontinued their practice of offering free cover to all children under the age of 3.
- Similar to last year, Laya have introduced free cover for the 2nd and subsequent child under 18 on their popular Essential Connect Family scheme. The first child will be charged €227 but all other children under 18 will be free-of-charge for the next year
- Apart from this, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €537 per adult, €156 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/1/2017 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.