Charlie Weston PMI Special Offers
Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance July 14 – Summary
½ price on 61 plans for children and student dependents from 01.07.14:
- (This includes popular plans such as One+ Plan, One Plan 250, Parent & Kids Excess, Health Plus Extra, Company Plan)
- The One+ Plan is worth considering as this covers public and private hospitals (€125 excess on all admissions to private hospitals)and will cost €127 per child and €181 per student.
- A family of 2 adults and 2 children on this plan from 1st July will cost €2,300
- Members should consider splitting their cover, i.e. select this option for the children and leave adult dependents on possibly higher levels of cover if they prefer.
VHI Healthcare is extending this offer to all plans including the ‘PMI’ corporate range from 01.08.14:
(All PMI plans such as PMI 36 13, PMI 26 12, PMI 37 13, PMI 04 11 will be included)
- We recommend the PMI 36 13 as this covers public and private hospitals (€75 excess on all admissions to private hospitals) as well as offering money back on everyday medical expenses. The price per child will drop to €180 and per student the rate will be €229 from 1st August.
- The cost for a family of 2 adults and 2 children will be €2,605 from 1st August.
Whilst cost savings are welcome, be careful when switching or downgrading your cover. Consumers also need to be mindful of the ‘Upgrade Rule’ if they increase their benefits again at a subsequent renewal.
Aviva are launching 4 new ‘Focus’ plans from 01.07.14 with an emphasis on ‘Cost Savings’
- These new plans will complement the current First Focus and Future Focus Plans and while they have a higher excess for in-patient stays (either €300 or €500) in selected private hospitals, they start from €665 per adult (First Focus 500).
Aviva Health are launching a new corporate plan range (Be Fit Plans) from 01.07.14
- starting from €1,118 rising to €1,413. Whilst these plans may have higher in-patient excesses in private hospitals, they provide more comprehensive cover for day-to-day medical expenses.
Discounted ‘Kids’ price on Family Focus @ €199 per child from 01.07.14 (for children aged 5-17)
- This plan covers most hospitals (€125 excess on private hospital admissions) and also includes 3 GP visits per child at €30 each – no excess
Discounted child rate on Health Plan 16 and Hospital Focus from 01.08.14
- The Health Plan 16 covers public and private hospitals (€75 excess on all admissions to private hospitals) as well as offering significant money back on everyday medical expenses. The price per child will drop to €200 from 1st August.
- The cost for a family of 2 adults and 2 children will be €2,896 from 1st August.
- The Hospital Focus premium per child is dropping from €423 to €150 – a saving of 65% with effect from 01.08.14. This plan covers most public and private hospitals with no overnight excess.
- By splitting cover across 2 plans, e.g. Level 2 Health Excess for the adults and Hospital Focus for the children, a family could get good quality cover with Aviva from €2,498.
- GloHealth continues to offer free cover for children under 3 on their Better Saver plan or higher. This represents a minimum saving of €210 per child.
- They are also offering ½ price cover for all children aged 3, joining or renewing on Better Saver Plan or higher (continuous offer). For any eligible children, this represents a saving of €105.
- Glo launched their range of ‘Network’ plans in May which cover selected public and private hospitals with varying excesses for in-patient private hospital stays which start from €620 per adult (Net More 500). Their Net Most plan costing €660 has proved very popular amongst consumers looking for better value cover and also includes 3 free personalised packages.
- A family of 2 adults and 2 children (aged 2 and 5) on Glo Health’s Better Plan will now cost €2,350
- Laya Healthcare is offering ½ price child and student cover on Essential Connect Family from 01.07.14:
- Essential Connect Family covers both public and private hospitals with a €300 once off excess per policy on the first private hospital admission. It will decrease from €308 per child/student to €154 with effect from 1st July.
- By splitting your cover, i.e. adults on Health Sense Connect and children on Essential Connect Family, the total cost for the family would be reduced to €2,576. De
- Please note that an additional cost of 3% applies to all Laya plans unless your premium is paid in full up-front. This has not been factored into the above rates.