Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance Dec 2018 & Jan 2019 – Summary
- VHI are offering a 25% discount on 15 of their plans for children under 18. This includes all their One Plans, Teachers Plan Selec, Nurses Plan Select and the Parent & Kids Excess scheme, e.g. the cost per child on One Plus Plan has now reduced to €209 per child.
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €103 per child.
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health are continuing with their discounted child rate on their new Nurture Plan to €160 per child.
- They have also discounted the child rate on their Select Plus scheme to €180 per child.
- From 15th Dec, Laya will be re-introducing their 'Free Cover' offer for children under 18 for the second and subsequent child on the policy.
- This offer will apply to 3 plans from this date; Essential Health 300, Flex 125 Explore and the Essential Connect Family schemes.
- Presently, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €482 per adult, €148 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/12/2018 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.