Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance Oct 2018 – Summary
- VHI have discontinued their 50% discounted offers for child cover from 30th Sept 2018.
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €103 per child.
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health are continuing with their discounted child rate on their new Nurture Plan to €160 per child.
- They have also discounted the child rate on their Select Plus scheme to €180 per child.
- Laya are offering free cover for the second and subsequent child under 18 on their Essential Connect Family scheme until the end of October. We're recommending that the first child be placed on either their Essential Health 300 or Simply Connect schemes with the remaining children being placed on the Essential Connet Health.
- Presently, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €482 per adult, €148 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/10/2018 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.