Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance July 2018 – Summary
- VHI have introduced a 50% discount on certain plans for child dependents under 18. This includes all their One Plans and also the Nurses Plan Select and Teachers Plan Select schemes. We recommend the One Plan Complete at €158 per child.
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €103 per child.
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health are continuing with their discounted child rate on their new Nurture Plan to €160 per child.
- They have also discounted the child rate on their Select Plus scheme to €180 per child.
- Laya are offering free cover for the second and subsequent child under 18 on their Essential Connect Family and Essential Health 300 schemes. The child cost on each of these plans for the first child only will be €239 and €235 respectively. This offer finishes on 30th June 2018. They will not have any other discounted offers in the market through July 2018.
- Presently, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €482 per adult, €148 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/7/2018 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.