Current Special Offers on Private Health Insurance March 2018 – Summary
- VHI have introduced a 50% discount on certain plans for child dependents under 18. This includes their One Plan Family and their Parent & Kids Excess scheme. We recommend you consider the Parent & Kids Excess scheme at €154 per child.
- Their cheapest child rate is on their public hospital Start Plan at €103 per child.
Irish Life Health (previously Aviva Health)
- Irish Life Health are continuing with their discounted child rate on their new Nurture Plan to €179 per child.
- They have also discounted the child rate on their Select Plus scheme to €180 per child.
- Laya are offering free cover for the second and subsequent child under 18 on their Essential Connect Family and Essential Health 300 schemes. The child cost on each of these plans for the first child only will be €239 and €235 respectively.
- Presently, their best rate for child cover is on their Assure Protect Scheme which will cost €536 per adult, €170 per child. This plan covers public hospitals only.
All prices quoted are net of tax relief at source and are correct as of 01/3/2018 as per www.hia.ie (Health Insurance Authority). However, prices and benefits are subject to change and consumers should confirm all details directly with the insurer in question.